TASMANIAN ROVER SKI CLUB
2023 Bookings Open Now
The lodge "Rovers Retreat" has family friendly rooms with ensuites.
Dining and lounge areas offer self-catering facilities for members and guests.
The lodge is located just 160m along Village Road.
The "Summit" T-bar ski-lift is just outside our upper level rear door.
The lodge "Rovers Retreat" is located within the Ben Lomond National Park, just an hour from Launceston and 3 hours from Hobart. There is abundant parking in the car park, and the lodge is just 160m along Village Road. The "Summit" T-bar ski-lift is just outside our upper level rear door.
"Rovers Retreat" has quality family friendly rooms with ensuites. Dining and lounge areas offer self-catering facilities for members and guests. The standard ensuite rooms sleep up to 5 (double bunk + rollaway single bed), however larger rooms are available. Rooms are fully heated; bottom sheets, pillows & pillow slips are supplied. Please see our Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
- Modern Fully Equipped Kitchen
- Cooler room
- Gas stoves/ovens
- Pans & Utensils
- Crockery & Cutlery
- Spacious Dining rooms
- Spacious Lounge Areas
- Drying Room
- Telstra Mobile Booster
Frequently Asked Questions
The lodge can be found in the ski village at the top of the mountain. At the top of the carpark there is road to the right, look for the large four-story lodge 160m along the road, with an “R” on the wall.
Chain hire may be available from
Ben Lomond Base BenLomondAlpineResort.com.au
AutoBarn Launceston 03 6334 5601.
To check the road conditions contact PWS Ben Lomond Road Update on 0429 646 557.
For information on obtaining and fitting snow chains please see BenLomond.org.au/chains-a-must-bring
Alternatively, during snow season there is usually a shuttle bus operating from the lower car park to the top of the mountain.
There is no public transport from Launceston or Hobart to Ben Lomond.
As a hostel we provide bottom sheet, pillow and pillow case and you bring your own sleeping bags and towels (including hand towels and bath mats). Full linen (including quilt, towel, bath mat & hand towel) is available to hire at time of booking.
As this is hostel style accommodation, everyone is required to clean their rooms prior to departure. Instructions and cleaning supplies are provided.
All rubbish & recycling must be removed from the mountain, so please try to minimise the amount you generate. If you can take your rubbish & recycling back home with you, it would be greatly appreciated.
Snow Sports operates a small cafe during the day (when they are open) for hot snacks and drinks. The only pub on the Mountain burnt down in May 2018.
Ben Lomond Snow Sports Tasmania.ski
Ben Lomond Alpine Resort BenLomondAlpineResort.com.au
Friday 23 June to Sunday 10 September 2023Individuals wishing to stay with the Tasmanian Rover Ski Club, must become Affiliate Members, which is an additional cost of $1 per person.
|Per Night Rates||Friday to Saturday||Sunday to Thursday|
28/7 to 2/9
All Other Dates
|All Snow Season|
Standard Rate is for sole use of a Standard Ensuite Room by up to 3 Persons
Larger Rooms accommodating 6 or 8 are also available.
Group BookingsLarge Groups can enquire via the Group Booking page.
School rates are available on request. Please contact the club via the Enquiry form for more information.
- Children are between 4 and 18 years. Infants are up to 3 years and accommodation is free (affiliate membership required) if you supply their bedding.
- Linen & bedding hire is available when booking at a rate of $60 per adult and $30 per child per stay.
- As this is hostel style accommodation, everyone is required to clean their rooms prior to departure.
- Payment of the entire accommodation fee is required to confirm Booking.
- Cancellation of booking greater than 30 days ahead of the booking - 50% of fee returned.
- Cancellation of booking less than 30 days ahead of the booking - no refund.
- It is recommended that you take out travel insurance which covers your costs should you need to cancel your accommodation.
- Please refer to our Cancellation Policy and Extenuating Circumstances Policy for full details.