Awesome Snow Field Job Opportunity
The Tasmanian Rover Ski Club is looking for joint lodge managers for the 2023 snow season at Ben Lomond. The two successful applicants will need to work closely with our Booking Officer, and the club committee. Duties include taking phone bookings & enquiries, check in & registration, room preparation, ensuring rooms have been cleaned, laundering club linen, cleaning public areas, and keeping the heating systems running efficiently.
This is a live-in position from 21 June to 11 September 2023, and includes free accommodation for the lodge managers and their immediate family. The role is ideally shared by 2 people (eg a couple or 2 friends). It does not involve catering duties.
If you are enthusiastic about ensuring people have a great time visiting the snow, then we would love to hear from you.
After reading the position description, please resumes for both applicants along with a letter of application.
Please note, resumes without a letter of application will not be considered.
Your letter should touch on at least the following points:
- Why you believe you are suited to the job;
- What you can bring to the position;
- Your approach to handling complaints;
- How you will handle the isolation of living on Ben Lomond for almost 3 months;
- With whom you would share the role – and details on what this would look like;
- Details on your immediate family who would share the accommodation provided;
- Whether you are currently living in Tasmania;
- If you hold a current First Aid & CPR Certificate, and when you completed it;
- If you hold a current Working with Vulnerable People Card;
- The class of Drivers licence you hold, and what type of vehicle you have (2WD / 4WD);
- Whether you would be available to attend an in-person interview at the lodge on Ben Lomond on Saturday 20 or Sunday 21 May. Zoom interviews may be offered to any short-listed applicants unable to attend the in-person interviews.